Brought home the 87 8v

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Daun Yeagley
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 9:27 PM
To: Kyscirocco@aol.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Brought home the 87 8v

Don't you love deals like that?  I've gotten several in my
time like that.

As it's an automatic, be sure to change the transmission
fluid regularly.  These transmissions do not enjoy a good
reputation.

At the risk of upsetting Daun or others, I must disagree.  It has been my
experience that changing the fluid on any A/T German car if the car has more
than say 100K miles on it, the crud that has developed of the life of the
car will now be stirred up and will deposit itself where it can do harm (in
the hydraulic 'brain').  I have noticed this more on Audi 5Ks, but also on
Vanagons and Golfs, etc...  So, unless the fluid smells burnt (which means
the tranny is on the way out anyways), I would just top it off and leave it
alone...

My .02
David