Brought home the 87 8v

How regularly should one change the transmission Fluid on the automatics? I have had mine for a year and I havent done it yet....and I have no Idea what the PO did as far as regular changes.

Also what is the replacement fluid of choice? I know this trannies produce quite a lot of heat. Do any of this fluids keep things nice and cool?

Gracias,

Tony

As it's an automatic, be sure to change the transmission
fluid regularly. These transmissions do not enjoy a good
reputation.