Brought home the 87 8v

--- Kyscirocco@aol.com wrote:

> Picked up the 87 8v automatic that I bought sight unseen
> for $100 today. I
> couldn't be happier. When the guy opened the garage the
> first thing I notice is
> brand new tires. Can you say purchase price? I look
> inside and see a very nice
> brown interior. Dash has one very, very minor crack and
> the rear seat has a
> few burns. Turn the key and it fires right up but dies.
> The guy says he thinks
> it out of gas.   Putting   it on the trailer i notice the
> brand new muffler
> and the snowflakes are in excellent condition. when i get
> it home I put some gas
> in it and it starts right up and runs like a champ. There
> is some damage in
> the drivers side rear quarter. I think I can bang it out
> and make it look
> decent though. The car also has about a nickel and 1/2
> yellow paint job but it
> doesn't look to bad. Overall I think this may be the best
> $100 I ever spent. I was
> going to use the wheels and engine in my 81 but now I
> think I will just make
> this car my daily driver.

Don't you love deals like that?  I've gotten several in my
time like that.

As it's an automatic, be sure to change the transmission
fluid regularly.  These transmissions do not enjoy a good
reputation.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen