CIS to Digi conversion?

Rhett Farnum wrote:
> I am getting a 91 GTi parts car sometime in the next couple weeks and
> was wondering about converting the 82 over to digi as the GTi is going
> to be the donor car for the motor swap. It shoudl have 10:1 comp. and
> a knock sensor ign. How compatible are the fuel lines ect? Should i
> keep the fuel lines intact in the 82 and move the digi to the dr.
> side?
> The reason I am considering converting is because of the knock sensor
> ignition. If there is a way to install the knock sensor and keep my
> CIS how would I go about doing that?
>
> TIA,
> Rhett
>
> Asking more questions, than his contributions currently.
>
> ____

1st of all your questions lead to contributions, so keep em coming.

2ndly I suggest posing this same question to the vwVortex forum (damn
let me do a quick search.....  Damn got side tracked with talk of French
automobiles, back on track soon....

<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain?id=3>

hey, wait- all you need is the knock sensor ign? Weeeeeel then my
friend; why didn't you SAY so?  8])

You can graft the KS into your existing system with a hybrid schematic
and a few parts. Easy peasy.

Since my own hybrid write up is A) left behind on a non existing web
site w/ my old ISP & B) two or three HD archived behind the one I am
currently working with I point you at another (and better production
value having) web site:

<http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/techtips/engine/knocksensor>

<pant> <pant>

How's Dat?