CIS to Digi conversion?

I am getting a 91 GTi parts car sometime in the next couple weeks and
was wondering about converting the 82 over to digi as the GTi is going
to be the donor car for the motor swap. It shoudl have 10:1 comp. and
a knock sensor ign. How compatible are the fuel lines ect? Should i
keep the fuel lines intact in the 82 and move the digi to the dr.
side?
The reason I am considering converting is because of the knock sensor
ignition. If there is a way to install the knock sensor and keep my
CIS how would I go about doing that?

TIA,
Rhett

Asking more questions, than his contributions currently.