my most recent misadventure (long)

heh heh. chevron 10w-40. thought briefly about synthetic, but realized it
probably wouldn't be in there too long (and i would have been even more
pissed throwing synthetic in a toasted engine). watched the oil gauge for
about 100 miles, finally feeling better that it was reading ~1-2bar lower
than before likely as a result of thinner dino oil, instead of shot oil
pump/cylinders/bearings/etc.

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...

>From: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
>To: Michael Abatzis <abatzis2@hotmail.com>
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: my most recent misadventure (long)
>Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:42:56 -0700
>
>Michael Abatzis wrote:
><snippage of tale of woe,>
><which turned out better than it might have>
>
>>by the way, my girlfriend finally admits to me that, yes, she hates my
>>car. hates it. doesn't want to drive it, ride in it, etc.  ouch. and no,
>>instead of a new girlfriend i'm thinking about retiring the rocc from dd
>>duty next year and getting something a LITTLE more "practical" (like a z
>>roadster? rx-8? older m3 roadster? :)
>>

>>-Michael Abatzis
>
>See?, things aren't so easy outside of N.O.
>
>8])
>
>I vote for the RX-8, it's a Japanese Scirocco. Almost.
>
>Plus it gets major style point for the GF out be seen getting out of.
>
>Might not matter on the humanitarian scale, but when it comes to GFs, it
>matters.
>
>Good doins' on the oil pan washer thing thing, btw, did you get the Chevron
>15w40 (?) oil in the big cardboard box? (Hmm, 10 qt not = 5 gallons, prob
>not.)
>

>TBerk

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx