Autotech cam fitment q's

I know it's been answered, but not only do you not need the HD springs, you don't want them either. From what I've been told, the HD springs are stiffer, thereby increasing wear and stress while not providing any benifit if not needed.

Dan

Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
Collective,
I'm planning on replacing my timing belt soon on my '81 (1.7 FN), and I
thunk I should also install my Autotech 268 cam and Neuspeed cam gear
out of my '84. Question is, do I need heavy duty valve springs to make
it work, or would I be safe using my stock springs?
Thanks!
Nate