JH vs. Fox intake -- WAS RE: Torment! Mayhem! Engine Nudity!

Patrick Bureau wrote:

> There is more than 3mm to be cut out of the JH intake to fit the Audi5K TB.
> Her is an extract picture from my tech note, TB face with audi5K TB gasket
> laying against it:
>
> <http://ats.longcoeur.com/Technotes/throttlebody/p4280425.jpg>
>
> And after cutting it out.
> <http://ats.longcoeur.com/Technotes/throttlebody/p4280428.jpg>

I don't have a web site at the moment but I posted some time back the
bad hack job I did routing with a hand held drill and fat drill bit.

Pleeenty of Aluminum shavings were produced. No worries.

> As you can see, plenty of MEAT on that intake.. No worries of "breaking
> through"
>
> See my tech note
> <http://ats.longcoeur.com/Technotes/throttlebody/index.html>
<snip>

'Tank you for the Tech Note btw.

Clearance for the Fox Intake mod seems to mostly a factor of a rocking
engine. The alteration solution is to tap n' die the 5th Injector to the
end of the Intake just like the stock one. This has the added benefit of
replicating what the smog tech will expect to see in an unmodified
engine bay. CARB compliant or not the less questions the better, re:
engine mods.

Personally I'm not using a large intake yet due to my basic laziness and
wanting to find a Fox motor already dropped out on the ground at the
pick n pull. Access to the intake bolts is kinda tight on them there
beasties.

  oh &,
  <whisper> Trim yer posts people. </whisper>

TBerk