Torment! Mayhem! Engine Nudity!

Hey Rick,

	A good prod you put forth sir, and a worthy question.
"....and the winner is........."

JH head w/ performance cam and P&P madness, deshrouding, HD springs
3A TB w/ devirginized (bored out) JH intake (this is still in the
experimental stages of planning to see if I can wrangle them together.)

The 3A TB looks quite a bit like a 16v one when you get rid of all the
extra cableage noise. A coulpe of longer screws and I should be able to
rob the switch out of the pulley system and piggy back it on the WOT.
Wires were indiscriminantly cut when the engine was pulled so I will have
to fab me up some custom wire harness.

BY THE WAY....the request for a 16v knock sensor assembly sale is STILL
most urgently requested as 16v's are just not gracing the yards here at the
present time!!!

The JH head is the winner for head because of high rev ability and already
purchased performance cam (Drake's souped up version of the G grind). That
and the 47K mi. spare I have can be the one to go under the knife for P&P,
etc. etc. and leave my mildly modded JH singing in the Lexicar until the
mutant engine is ALL ready for the swap.
I want the engine tranny combo DONE and ready to swap w/ a minimum of "The
dealer is the only place that I can get that part and they won't be able
to get it 'til next Tues.!!!"

That being said I have to use yet more list bandwidth to beg audience w/
Ron, the man of the Tran(ny) and forteller of doom about the combination
of Anson and myself.

Any listers want to point out the errors of my ways before I stumble into
them myself? The shout for avoidance will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Tim

<Culus> there is 150 meg in the /tmp dir! DEAR LORD

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Rick Kellner wrote:

> Tim, which head, intake and TB combination have you decided to go with
> on this 3A project?
> Now it the time to get some input from all the 2.0l 8V conversion
> expertise out there!
> Rick.

<snippage>