Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:34:06 -0600 (CST)
From: stetson <tim@unrealexpectations.ath.cx>
To: rapieper@yahoo.com
Subject: I'd like to ask you some tranny questions please

Hi Ron,

	I've been told that you are the go to man on the list for all
things tranny by the folks on the list, and so would like to ask
for your opinion please.
        I have a 9A tranny that I bought pulled from a yard around
here that I would like to install a diff bolt kit, 80% Peloqin LSD, and
.72, .75, or .80 5th gear. I do not know it's condition except the the
differential works which I found out removing the axles that came
with it since the yard didn't have triple square. I have no reason to
think it's bee abused as the oil seemed very clean.
	I've bought the 80% and bolt kit from Peter and he's told that you
were the man to ask about gears and so I would like to ask if you would
have a .75 or .80 assembly that you would like to sell.
	I would also like to ask your opinion about what other parts I
might want to look at replacing while the tranny is out and easily
accessible. I would love to do complete rebuild of it but know I don't
have the expertise to know what I'd need in the way of parts that must be
replaced, should be replaced, and should last a long time if they're in
good condition when checked. I would appreciate your insight on this.
	If there is any other information that you would need to be able
to answer these questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Tim