clutch help

Make yourself a Cheapass engine brace.  Ron Pieper designed a deluxe
model, but for a simple, quick and dirty version, use a piece of 4x4
wood that straddles your fenders (place a 2x3 on each side where the
fender bolts to the chassis and rest the 4x4 on them).  Drill a 3/4"
hole through the 4x4 where it lines up with the "eye" on the head near
the #4 cylinder.  Buy a 2 or 3 ft piece of 1/2" threaded rod and bend it
at one end to make a hook (helps to heat it up red first)

\/

Slide the threaded rod through the 4x4 and put the "hook" into the eye
on the head.  Run a couple of big washers and a nut down the rod until
it's snug.  This contraption will suspend the engine when you remove the
mounts and tranny. It also allows you to drop that end of the engine to
help get the tranny in and out.

You can also add another rod on the other end to use when you're
changing engine mounts or swapping an engine.  Having two points of
adjustment is handy when you're dropping the engine or trying to line
everything up...  The 2x3's allow you to slide the 4x4 forward or
backward as needed.

HTH,

Mark.
75