OT: Passat

--- SailingFC@aol.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> My neighbor has a '94 GLX VR6 Passat.  He said his
> mechanic diagnosed the
> heater core has failed and he dosen't want to put the
> money into it.  The car has
> about 112K miles and is an automatic.  What do you think
> the cost of a heater
> core will be?  How hard it is replace?  What do you think
> the car is worth?
> Any problem areas to look for?

If I'm not mistaken, the B3 VR6 heater core was a recall
item - or at least the same part number as ones that were
recalled.  I would check it out at least, I can tell you
from experience that's it's a PITA job to replace - the
entire dash has to come out.  (Right Anson?)  'Twas an all
day experience.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen