Stressbar discussion...

No, his diagram is correct. Because the sideways force at the tire patch is below the lower ball
joint it creates a torque on the strut/hub carrier assembly trying to move the top of the strut
outward. That needs to be resisted by the strut tower, so the force on the strut tower is towards
the outside.
Basic laws of statics that can be used to calculate the forces:
Sum of the forces = 0
Sum of the moments = 0
You can't put a rope in compression :)
Dan

> Irregardless, the guy has the towers deflecting the wrong way (outward) under cornering...a
detailed mental stress analysis tells > me ( :) ) the stresses would be INwards.