OT: Jealousy, MkIV

Well, it's happened. The DD has proven that it is, beyond doubt, the MkIV
Scirocco (and I AM kidding). Well, it's raised my suspicions.
Anyway, we've been driving hubby's new car to work, not my poor winter
eaterTDI bug, which was sulking in the driveway. It's managed the whole
winter without any issues.
Long story short, I get in it, drive down to the end of the road, and hit
the brakes. RIGHT TO THE FLOOR. I'm sure it wasn't the clutch pedal, but it
sure felt like it. And stopped the car about as well. We won't even discuss
the grinding, the nice groove in the rotor, etc. Yep Jealousy works on all
of them. But the up side? I'm damn good at driving a porky car with just
downshifting and the wimpy E brake to stop with. So I guess it works better
with a pad in there, who knew? (the pad was sitting on the driveway when I
got home...there had been no indication prior, must have just separated)
This is Scirocco like behavior because
a) Another car was getting attention
b) I have a 16 hour round-trip in a week that I sort of need the brakes
working for
c) It broke near home
d) It just pisses me off

Yep, loving the dubs, every frikkin one of the miserable things.
Cathy

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*