New rear stress bar

>Brett,
>  Any bend removes the vast majority of any stiffness in the bar, in
>EVERY direction.
>Hey, if a device works for you, that's all that counts.
>
>Larry
>   I added an upper front struct brace (I don't care if it does have a
>   "bend" it's not
>   flexible in the direction it's meant to reinforce

I will not believe that the upper strut bars we attach to our cars
compliantly, flexibly,
and unresistingly absorb and merely deflect when presented with loads
(even aggravated
by the amount of leverage asserted by the bend / risers).   This is
just not possible.

The statement you make above makes it seem like you are implying that adding
reinforcement in this area can't possibly have any effect because the
bar is just
to flexible to be of any use (due to it's bends).    We've already
established that the
forces acting in this area are not sympathic (equal in opposite
directions), therefore
there exists the possibility of resistance.  If the bar does not
break, it is causing a
resistance (force in opposite directions) equal to what it being
applied to it minus
what it will retain in elasticity - which is what I assume your
statement was really
saying.  This is assuming that the force is sufficient enough to even
distort the
reinforcement.

If you like we can break down all the phases of what is happening
during the force
application and note the periods of resistance, elasticity and rising
spring rate all
the way to it's elastic limit.

==Brett