CV Joints / Cap / Rotor

Oh, it can be done by yourself under the car.  It just isn't easy.  I've
done enough over the years that way.  I'm not sure, but it sounds as if you
had the wheel and control arm disconnected when you got to this
point.  When I do mine the first thing I do, of course is loosen the 30mm
axle nut, then jack it up(support w/ jackstands), slide under and start in
those inner CV bolts.  You can turn the wheel and hold it with your leg,
but having a wife(or s.o. or friend) handy to turn the wheel and hold for
you is better.  And if she can't hold it tight enough have her step on the
brake pedal; This way works even better, but then you have to turn the
wheel yourself.

John