[tech] need to repair top

At 01:43 PM 03/02/2004 +0000, Julie Macfarlane wrote:
>Chris wrote:
>
>>Larry,
>>
>>         Do you do buttons?  I have a couple of shirts that need  . . . . .
>
>He does more than buttons! You should see the sweet little number he made....
>Umm...Never mind....

I heard that after the Oscars Sunday night the knockoff makers went to work
and by Monday morning had copies of "$10,000" dresses that would sell for
$250.  Is that Larry at work?

(Bye the way, how does someone who sells a dress for $10,000 [if that is an
actual selling price, not a publicity stunt] keep a straight face during
the transaction?)

Chris

PS The men at the Oscars probably spent $250 each for a Tux. $10,000 would
have dressed all the male nominees - with change left over.