Is this a 3d stick?

Progress... I figured out what is in the way of my stick from getting
into the first second column.
The "stop finger" is hitting the plate down there.
I am assuming that the finger should go above the plate for first and
second and under for reverse. It is actually level with the plate. So
does the plate need to be moved, is there a problem that the stick being
too low?

--
Cars:

	'78 lincoln mark V "QE2" nearly abandoned work in progress
	'80 scirocco mk1 the "floater"
	indiana red makes me think of an a&w root beer can
	'92 tempo "the ford" soon to be replaced by rocco as DD
Khukuri:
	18" Himilayan Imports Kobra "pillow knife"