From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of tomc
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:17 AM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: Sparkplugs revisited

Hi all,

I've been reading the spark plug thread with interest, now I need to
take it to the next level. My engine is a GX with the hydraulic head, I
have a stock '81 electronic ignition from an '81 Cabby. I don't have a
lamba or any kind of pollution control on this car, just engine, gas,
spark. Now, I'm running Bosch Super RD 391 and they get fouled really
quick with black soot. Since I use the car mainly for autoX I rarely go
on long distance trips although I do get the car up to temperature. So,
I figure my temperature range is not right on the plugs, what plugs
should I run so they last longer? Should I keep two sets, one for autoX
and other for more distance travel?

Also, let's keep it safe out there, eventually "The Project" won't be
such torture to drive long distances and I might make it to Cincy and I
would like to meet ALL of you when I do.

TomC
'79 "The Project" Scirocco
http://www.tom-c.com