possible mk1 for sale (was maryland mechanic needed)

Nathan Lowe wrote:

> I know it's not a lot of work to get done and I really would like to try and
> do it myself, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. You did hit the nail on
> the head, though, when you said it was lack of support. I think I really
> need someone to hold my hand while I do the work (read "stand around
> drinking beer while I get dirty") because I really don't know what I'm
> doing, even after reading the bently.

This guy needs an intervention. We must enclosing him in our warm embrace.

> I'll even supply the beer.

see?, FREE BEER!

> I've gotten
> a decent offer to sell the car and an offer for help. If I can get someone
> to walk me through the process I think I'll take that route, but if not it's
> a close call between selling and paying someone to do the work (of course,
> I'd make it worth someone's while to help me through the job). Anyway, I'll
> see if the offer I got for help still stands, and if any other listers want
> to watch a newbie struggle with an easy job and yell out helpful or even
> mocking comments while I struggle let me know ;).
> Thanks for all the great help,
> Nathan

You need one of these:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7904699156&category=34234&sspagename=WDVW>

Good stuff for the 1st time VW mechanic. (Out of print though, scour
local use book stores.)

Craig's List is a cool list of stuff from any one guy to everybody
else, including jobs and Free Stuff:
<www.craigslist.org>

You can filter it down to your local area:
<http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html>

ATE is an OEM of brake (and other) components for lots of
manufacturers inc VW/Audi. Atomic Groove Rotors:
<http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=9%2E4PD%2FFerodo>
(This site is run by some cool folks called the Potters. Note: the
item I chose included some recommended brake pads & misc items.)

The grooves allow the rotors to shed water but more importantly to
allow the out gassing byproducts of a hot pad to disperse instead of
'floating' the pad.  Minor bump from the stock replacement.

Keep yer chin up.

TBerk