possible mk1 for sale (was maryland mechanic needed)

Nathan Lowe wrote:

> here's what the mechanic said is needed to register:
>     new front rotors

ATE Atomic grooves. Held in place by rim & single Phillips screw.

>     new rear tires

Obvious.

>     new front springs/

H&R Cup Kit. Drop in (w/ new bushings).

>     alignment

Goes along w/ new tires.

>     back-up light (probably just the switch)

Held to transaxle by two Phillips screws.

>     r/f parking light
>     new horn (none in car, wiring seems to be there)

Rabbit, Scirocco, horns interchangeable.
Hella two or three trumpet air horn, w/ compressor.

>     turn signal cancel switch not working

This'll need pulling the steering wheel,
Not hard once the big center nut is off.

>     odometer not working

Cracked Odo gear. Can be dissembled and crazy glued or replaced with
one from another car.

>     l/side tie rod
>     steering rack boots
>     l/side CV boot

Kirsten can handle this one.
(Have you seen her fingers?)  :])

>     new downpipe

I can send you one if no one closer has one ready.

>     new windshield

Well, they _are_ available, but don't tell them that.

> also worth mentioning:
>     CA car (yes, I drove it to MD from CA)
>     1.8l 8v
>     cracked dash (of course)
>     interior has seen better days

It's a laundry list to be sure, but I think you just need a little
support.(You know; friends who stand around drinking beer while you
get dirty.) And thats what we are here for.

otoh, a more gearheaded person would be likely to thank you for
selling him (or her) this car cheap- then you need to get another one.

When I had my 1st Roc I knew nothing. When I look at your list of
things needs doing I say- "So? Lets get to work!" But I also
understand the reality of not being able to do it in a timely,
economical manner.

Q) Have you checked the Craig's List and VWVortex want ads?

TBerk