possible mk1 for sale (was maryland mechanic needed)

After pricing out everything I would need to get my car registered in Maryland, I've decided I may be better off selling it and buying a rocco that doesn't need work done to register. So, is anyone interested in an 81 "S" that needs some work done (I will list all that the mechanic said was needed at the end of the email), and is anyone selling a rocco that is ready to go? I would prefer a mk1 but would consider a mk2 as well. It would need to be ready (or very, very close) to being road worthy as a daily driver. Please respond to me directly as I'm on digest mode and scirocco.org doesn't seem to want to let me change off of digest.

here's what the mechanic said is needed to register:
    new front rotors
    new rear tires
    new front springs/struts (PO cut front springs and shocks took a beating)
    alignment
    back-up light (probably just the switch)
    r/f parking light
    new horn (none in car, wiring seems to be there)
    turn signal cancel switch not working
    odometer not working
    l/side tie rod
    steering rack boots
    l/side CV boot
    new downpipe
    new windshield (small crack that curves across the lower drivers side corner, was told that this would     be allowed since new windshields are not available)

also worth mentioning:
    CA car (yes, I drove it to MD from CA) with very bad paint and some surface rust
    1.8l 8v
    cracked dash (of course)
    interior has seen better days

sorry, but I don't have pics. If people are interested though I could try to round up a digital camera somewhere, or if a nearby lister feels like posting some pics I could meet them somewhere. I'm in Laurel, MD, about half way between Baltimore and DC.

Nathan nathanlowe@charter.net