From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of David Utley
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 12:51 PM
To: Dave Ewing; Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org
Subject: Was 16V for sale-Deede. Now, Mk1, Mk2, Rabbit is stronger
forpower...

I disagree.  My first GTI, I broke Rad support.  Granted, it was my first
VW, and I abused it badly, however, I think all of these cars are
potentially weak up front with added power.  Why?  For the simple reason
that they were never designed to take it.  However, there is an easy answer
to fix the trouble; a front-end reinforcement.  On Vortex, there is a fella
on the Scirocco Forum (IIRC) that came up with a reinforcement to try to
minimize this problem.  All who bought it said that they could feel the
difference in driving (yes I know, not scientific, but give me a break).  I
do agree that the Scirocco seems more prone to this, but it can happen in
the Rabbit as well.  I am working with a friend here who is fashoining a few
of these.  I will need two.  :-)  (GTI, and pickup)...

HTH

David

Cheers,
  David Utley