Burping & overheating

> From: <scas660@netzero.com>
> Date: 2004/06/10 Thu PM 04:13:52 EDT

> OK -
>
> I've been burping this thing most of the day and with the reservoir cap off and a lot of squizing of hoses, all I've done so far is lost a lot of antifreeze (the dogs in the neighborhood are gonna love me). The hoses are getting very hot but the fan switch on the bottom of the radiator is still cool. Obviously, things are not circulating as they should.  Any tips?
>
> Thanks - Steve

What RPM?  If you have that above 3.5K, then you have got other problems.  It sounds like to me that the t-STAT is stuck closed, but I am not sure as I have never had that trouble before...  I would see what hoses are cool, and what are not.  If the one between the pump and the rad is cool, then the stat is prolly stuck closed.  Is the rad hot at all?

Anyone else have some ideas?

Let us know, we can help you find it...

David

Cheers,