Power Steering Rack Replacement

Hi all -
The question is related to the power steering r&r on wife's 92 Cabby with
airbags.

The shop wants $800 for r&r while I can buy a reman unit w3 year warranty for
$200.
It appears to be a easy decision, but what concerns me is the airbag issue - is
this a repair a qualified shop should do or am I just being a wus?

So..once battery is disconnected, are there any other caveats to watch out for
in this r&r?
Bentley in hand - the wife will be pissed if I screw up her summer car and
she'll stuff it up my arse!

TIA
Rob

Sciroco content; experience should be helpful in upgrading my MK1 to p/s.