Power Steering Rack Replacement

Make sure that the battery has been unhooked for at
least an hour before monkeying with anything airbag
related.  The airbag is removable via allen-head bolts
on the back of the wheel.  The part to watch out for
is the clock-spring when removing the wheel from the
shaft.  I can check with Mr. Bentley if you need me
to.  As for the rack itself...... major PITA.  You
will be removing the sway bar, downpipe, parts of the
shift linkage (5spd), and the tie rods.  I did this
job on a Cabby while working at NGP.  Took me a good 6
hours, using a lift.

=====
Mad Matt
Annapolis, MD
'81 Scirocco (now with ABA-powered goodness)
'04 Toyota Tacoma (little red wagon for hauling Scirocco stuffs)
gone but not missed: '98 Jetta GLS (soul-less, boring commuter shitbox)