Car choices

I'm not going to buy a new car.  I don't drive enough to put out that much
money.  They have a crazy car tax thing in Virginia.  Every year you have to
pay a tax on the car you have.  Currently it is 4.5% of the average loan
value over $20,000.  Below that amount there is a 70% "discount".  Kinda
silly.  Old cars like my Scirocco are tax free.