Starter Part # look up please

--- David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
> You don't need a starter, you need a relay kit.

I think that mine is relayed already, but im not sure.
Any one have a pic or idea of what it would look like?

> They were readily available
> from the dealer at one time, as a recommended fix
> for this problem.  When the
> starter is hot, it needs more power to work like it
> should.  Also be sure that
> you have the heat shields in place, and you might
> take them off and insulate
> them with the appropriate insulation.

What does the heat shield look like?? And what would
be considered appropriate insulation?

> Anyways, anyone that sells Bosch should be able to
> get the kit for you, or you
> could wire it up yourself.  As for the amperage on
> the relay, I cannot help...

If anyone knows more info on this relay fix please let
me know.

Could these relays go bad and need replacement after
some years? I have a feeling like I said before that
mine has been relayed already, but Im not sure. so if
this problem is present while the starter has been
relayed than that could mean a worned or bad relay
right?

Thanks again,
Tony