Some questions, some content, some crap

Hey then there,

2 days 'til take-off (otherwise known as the extended 8hr. praying
session e.g. "I can make it, you can make it, I KNOW you can make
it Lexicar......[Oh dear Lord, PLEASE let me make it!"]) and issues rear
their medusa-like visage.

"The best laid plans of vice and man soon go awry."

The Ground Control kit comes today and as much as I'd like to install it I
have yet to procure shocks and struts so it ain't happening.
(Hey Daun , Is there a retailer of Koni or Tokico in the area that would
be open on Sat.?)
(Hey Brian, Want to do a tech procedure on the proper fabrication of said
kit? All materials and car provided. I told them I was referred by the
BustedKnuckle team and they were glad to hear it!)

But as it stands, spits, and <ahem> excretes the kit is a not making it
to Cincy.

Next nice item is that the pass. side strut has lost it's shiny coating on
the shaft and is now very sticky. I have a replacement from a MKI rabbit @
a local yard scoped out for quick snaggage tomorrow to replace it.

The LSD is a no-go. I don't have the time as the 100mm hubs I bought had
the seller hacksawing off the tie-rods and the ends aren't budging an
iota. This means no 80% LSD.

Anyone know if the tie-rod ends of a 16v MKII are threaded into the
arm on the hub? It certainly seems like it! I even tried to use a cold
chisel to turn the end after multiple applications of PBlaster over
days and heat.
'Tweren't happening

The .80 5th is still on schedule as tomorrow's bout w/ dissappointment.

The beer has been ordered.

It is not Hefe as was originally quoted but American Wheat (no visable
yeast) and I am highly dissapointed but have no other recourse as the
other 2 microbrews in the area have American Wheat right now too.
I did my best.
Fate did it's best to thwart me too.
But there will be BEER as promised, just not the specific variety that
I/you wished for.

I'm starting to collect my thoughts as to the roadside emergency survival
parts cache and have come up w/ these likely candidates so far:

fuel pump and accumulator combo (but no sending unit unfortunately)
alternator
timing belt
clutch cable
mini compressor and fix-a-flat slime
duct tape
mini tool set w/ 10mm-30mm deep 1/2" drive sockets
an antifreeze container of water
red RTV
2 ft. breaker bar

Can you think of other worthy candidates? Please elucidate!

Slinking back to the garage,

Tim

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people.  The good ones slept
better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
		-- Woody Allen, "Side Effects"