[FOOLISHNESS] VW's Gone Wild

I would think that in a case where this occured, if they hadn't been caught
but rather tracked down due to someone giving lisence platinfo, then maybe a
warrent would be required.  However, if the officer asked for the tape and
the idiot actually turned it over, then I don't think a warrent is required.
However, if the officer asked for the tape and the person said no, the
officer could just hold them there and then call in for a warrent to be
issued and delivered right there on the spot.

In all fairness, these idiots got exactly what they deserved.    I hate to
see VW drivers making the headlines in the way but it's not just VW drivers
that do this crap.  However, I have noticed that in the VW family, it's
typicly (not always and not all of them) the MK3 and MK4 owners that are in
their teens and early 20's that seem to pull this kinda crap.  Down here in
Atlanta there is a massive MK3/4 group just as I've describbed and they are
always pulling this kinda shit and giving the community here a bad name.
Several of them were part of the "lets trash the hotels" crowd at Waterfest.
An many of them are like this even here locally.  Some of the events here
have banned entire groups (small clubs) due to this kind of behavior and I
can't say that I blam the promotors a bit for it.  It a real dissapointment
that this kind of thing happens because over the last few years that I've
been really into the VW sceen, I've seen many of these younger drivers end
up dead because they did these kinds of things.  Not to mention that more
times then not, they usually end up hurting innocent drivers/passengers in
the process.  So I hate to see it happen, but I think that what is happening
this particular group is well deserved.

I'm also not saying they I'm a saint.  I'll admit that there have been times
I take my rocco over 100mph, and while I do it on the highway and only when
it's a straight shot and no other cars are around, that doesn't make it
right.  But if I got caught, I'd surely own up to it.

William