Re: It's Alive. Need parts!   - Retrofit Pedal Bushing

Thanks for the info. That sounds like what is going on with my fuse panel. I
guess the later bushing is a direct fit? I will most likely go with that.
Matt
1981 Mars Red
Louisville, KY

"It's Saliva!, it's Saliva!"

Contact the Potter-man, Mike, <http://www.parts4vws.com> about getting
the later VW A2 or A3 bushing; it's not foam but nylon or some such solid.

He can also get you the Bosch relay, be sure to spec what year and
model, etc, etc.

Note, re: fuse panels-

1. A mod done by the factory was to relocate the fuel pump relay off
the panel itself via a small loom and socket. This socket would then
clip into the top edge of the fuse panel. (This may be one reason why
the pictures don't look right.)

2. I have found the documentation my be off by a year or two based on
VW using up parts in the bin towards the end of a model year run
AND/OR differences in basic cars (Rabbit/Golf) vs Scirocco, esp smog
equipt California based units, so that you end up getting the right
info from a Cabriolet or Jetta, or a Scirocco from another year or two.

Poke around a bit and good luck.

TBerk