Shifter play

Hi. I have a 87 vw scirocco 16v and I posted a wekk ago about my shifter play.  well here is the problem again.  I can go in every gear fine.  but when I put it in a gear I can mover the shifter around in that gear left to right.  I went to the dealer I brought a set of shifter bushings.  plastic o-ring bushing.  I want to make sure this is the right parts to fix my problem before i install them.  Is the bushing the right parts to fix my problem?