volvo 242 dl compatability

I have a friend who has one of these. It doesn't work and he is
unwilling to put any more money into it, so he is hauling it to the junk
yard. Is there anything in it that is compatible with a 1980 scirocco
(or any of your cars for that matter)? If so (and the part is easy
enough to remove) then I might be able to grab it.

--
Cars:

	'78 lincoln mark V "QE2" nearly abandoned work in progress
	'80 scirocco mk1 the "floater"
	indiana red makes me think of an a&w root beer can
	'92 tempo "the ford" soon to be replaced by rocco as DD
Khukuri:
	18" Himilayan Imports Kobra "pillow knife"