Volvo Turbo Oil Cooler

Anyone have any experience with these or know anything about them?  I scored
one at the wreckers the other day with all the parts including the hollow
threaded tube that mounts it and it's the same size as our oil filter flange
and the same thread as our oil filters.  It's made in Germany as well so
fitting it shouldn't be tough at all.

My question is whether or not it is thermostatic and at what temps would it
open?  I plan on using it on my TD pickup and didn't want it to be so high
that installing it would be a waste of time yet on the other hand if it
wasn't thermostatic I didn't want it to start cooling the oil when it's
cold.

Thanks!!

Dave
---