Bently on CD Update Again! And Then some!

I have almost the same problems!  My signals don't work, but my hazards
do (which means the relay is fine according to Sir Bentley).  The
indicator in the dash pulses like normal, but none of the signals
actually work (the front ones sorta pulse a bit when the headlights are
on).  One backup light turns on when the car is turned off - the other
comes on when the car is started.  Weird - now both disconnected.  High
beams suddenly stopped working - fuses are fine, grounds look good...
I'm starting to get really pissed off at this car (the winter beater)...

I'm at the point with this thing that I'm thinking of abandoning any
circuit that gives me trouble, and rewiring it from scratch.  I just got
a Del-City catalogue in the mail yesterday, and it's full of good stuff
to bypass all these crappy old circuits...

I don't think I've owned one Scirocco that wasn't littered with
electrical problems.  This car is especially bad because the previous
owner was a complete butcher/idiot - he had "double" relayed the
headlights for some strange reason.  A "birds nest" doesn't even begin
to describe the wiring on this car...

You might want to re-integrate the fuel pump relay though - if you crash
the fuel pump won't shut off since you've got it switched...

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K
75

All
> was fine for about a week, then today I noticed a funny smell to the
air
> coming from my defrost...kinda like hot electrical smelling.  I turned
> my car off and went in a store and when I came out, I turned the key
and
> it wouldn't start!  And my freakin turn signal wouldn't work nor my
god
> damn heater or radiator fan!!!!  So of course I checked the
> grounds...all were plugged in and tight!  When I started checking
> voltages, the 12V keyed power to the fuel relay plug was now .8 - 1.1V
> (what happened?) still 12V to the constant plug!  Its insane, either I
> have a worthless ground wire with a break in it or the fuse box just
> went to crap!
>
> If anyone actually read this book of a post and has a suggestion
please
> help before I get the dikes and go snip crazy!!
>
> Chris Edwards
> 81 Scirocco JH

---