EFI woes

Before I go into detail, I ill say that my problems are with my 87 Audi 4000s
Quattro- now  that thats out of the way, shall I go on?  Ok, if you are still
reading this you may be able to help. The engine will start but the stall,
sometimes it will run 10 seconds or so and die, If I disconnect the cold start
valve it will not start at all.  I found that the plug has been drilled on the
throttle plate adjuster, so I manually pulled up the plate while engine
cranking but it appears to be lacking fuel, or at least the injectors are not
spraying. ( the throttle plate is free and clean) I noticed long ago that the fuels
pump is non-oem, (a bosch) but slightly smaller than the mount, although it
worked in the past and still cycles with ignition switch. I have dismantled all
the vacuum/intake hoses etc. and although lots of little stuff found, no fix.
If you are still reading this and think I should join the Audi list, I
understand and will thank you now for not telling me in a profane way.