Bently on CD Update Again! And Then some!

Ok everyone, I want to appollogize again for not getting the CD's off
right away.  I will be installing a new CD burner tommorrow.  Like they
say when it rains it pours!!  To boot I am suddenly out of a car to
drive.  I have been having nightmare electrical issues for a while now
and they suddenly can to a climax today!!!

I want to sit and completely rewire that whole god damn car!  Why were
Germans so good at everything but electical!  I mean come on! If you can
build some of the best alternators and elecrical components on the
market (BOSCH) why can't you make a freaking fuse box and run wire in a
way that is easy to trace and fix when there is an issue!  MY RANT HAS
COME!!!

It all started when one day I lost full voltage to my Heater Fan.  I had
10 volts not 12.  So I bypassed a redneck wire to plug into the fan
switch harness to give me full power fan when needed to clear my
window.  Then after a while suddenly my radiator fan quit and my turn
signals quit at the same time!  My hazards worked fine so I thought turn
signal switch...nope!  Couldn't figure that one out after checking
everything!  I double checked all my under dash grounds and the main
ground from the battery to the ground cluster was unplugged.  I plugged
it in and suddenly I had a radiator fan and turn signals.  Huh!  So I
decided to rewire the keyed power source to my heater fan...I was tired
of the crappy looking wire hanging out of my dash.  I got rid of my fuel
relay a long time ago and went with a marine 30 amp toggle switch, so I
was not using the keyed power source where the fuel relay went so that
is where I pluged in my 12V power for my heater fan.  Worked great!  All
was fine for about a week, then today I noticed a funny smell to the air
coming from my defrost...kinda like hot electrical smelling.  I turned
my car off and went in a store and when I came out, I turned the key and
it wouldn't start!  And my freakin turn signal wouldn't work nor my god
damn heater or radiator fan!!!!  So of course I checked the
grounds...all were plugged in and tight!  When I started checking
voltages, the 12V keyed power to the fuel relay plug was now .8 - 1.1V
(what happened?) still 12V to the constant plug!  Its insane, either I
have a worthless ground wire with a break in it or the fuse box just
went to crap!

If anyone actually read this book of a post and has a suggestion please
help before I get the dikes and go snip crazy!!

Chris Edwards
81 Scirocco JH