  From: Krazy Horse
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 12:28 AM
  Subject: Rant: Head Bolts

  So I pulled the head and replaced the broken exhaust studs, gaskets and did
  some clean up to the internal workings of the engine. All is going well, the
  head is back on and its time to put the head bolts back in.

  Look in the bentley for the torque specks and it says "44ft. lbs and 1/2
  turn (180 degrees)" Get out my torque wrench and st it for 44ft lbs. I
  proceed to torque all of the bolts; all is still well. I then start in on
  the 1/2 turn for the bolts. Of the 180 degrees that I have to tighten I get
  to about 176 and...

  *SNAP*

  Broke a f*cking bolt. I long string of profanity and I start to feel a
  little better, but still pretty pissed off. I tighten all the other bolts
  just fine. I know have the bolt in my hand taunting me, what a pisser.

  Grrrrr...

  -Craig
  "Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
  "Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)