Help...please...help results

You're taking your car back to the shop to change an air filter!?!?
This is perhaps THE easiest maintenance item to do yourself.  Simply pop
the clips on the fuel distributor (the thingy with all the fuel lines
coming off of it behind the battery) to separate the two halves.  Lift
the top portion enough to grab the old filter and slide it out.  Slide
the new one it, pop the clips back on and you're done.  I really suggest
buying a Bentley manual and start trying to do at least routine
maintenance yourself.  If I had to pay someone for the work I've put
into my Sciroccos over the years I'd have put a mechanic's kid through
college...  :)  I'd hate to see someone who's into Sciroccos put off by
the cost of maintaining these old(er) cars.  It can really start to add
up, especially when labor costs are usually at least the same as parts.
Don't think you can't do it either.  My friend Sean (who I got into
Sciroccos a few years back) had NEVER worked on a car before he bought
my old winter beater - now he can do pretty much do any procedure.

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K
75    Soon!