Questions (solicitations of recommendations) on upgrade plans

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:38:51 -0600, Patrick Bureau <ats@longcoeur.com>
wrote:

> PS: JH head on 3A block is NOT a turbo setup.. looking at 10-10.5:1
> compression. Decking the head will only increase this and force you to
> run
> racing fuel all the time.

i will chime in with a quick 'i second that'.  i too had/have a JH/3A and
my head was decked to the bently spec of 132.6mm and was unable to hide
 from ping under heavy load with the timing i wanted to run.  a lot of
trips out to the airport solved my issue or a can of octane boost with
premium fuel...i could only get 92 out in the stix of SK. cured it but i
still couldn't advance the be-jesus out of it to get the power where i
wanted, but was more than satisfied. so patrick is plenty correct in the
statement that it is not a good turbo setup...unless custom made pistons
are part of the equation.

> Things you forgot for your swap... install Knock Box and Knock sensor,
> Wire secondary WOTT switches for idles and enrichement, cover plate for
> 3A breather hole to reinstall your gas temp control unit on to the block.
> Suggestions: get external oil cooler. And race dual fans :) Eh but that
> is just me.

man this patrick kid is good ;)

jody