Questions (solicitations of recommendations) on upgrade plans

1. 3a block is he same height has your current JH block , this means less
issues with exhaust than the ABA block.

	a. most places sell NEW lightened and balanced flywheels for about
90-149$ depending on your source, (I bought mine with the engine rebuild kit
and got a deal on it, germanautoparts.com, ask for dave! Tell him Patrick
from texas sent ya..lol), you could get a shop to lightened and balance it
for 30-40$, but own many VW flywheels have they done before??

	b. the SPORT Clutch kit from saschs, is a 16v PP , 8v clutch.
(210mm)
this is what I used, and it works just fine... this is one of those parts I
don't buy "on ebay" ... you get what you pay for ...

	c. I only have used sasch clutches and pressure plates and never had
any complaints yet, agains my little 3a/jh engine only produces 102HP at the
wheels so what do I know about MASSIVE power Eh ?

	d. sure get the head ported and polished, get new valaves get the
7mm sodium filled ones, also get a 3 way valve job done, and if you want to
spend more than 500$ on that head, then get it flowed for race .

PS: JH head on 3A block is NOT a turbo setup.. looking at 10-10.5:1
compression. Decking the head will only increase this and force you to run
racing fuel all the time.

	e. My setup again is mounted on a 9A from an 85 scirocco. LOVE IT!
Get the bolt kit and the 80% LSD from Peter Scirocco (hes a lister!) also if
you are doing a full checkup, get 1-2-3 synchros changed for the one that
are molybulene (I think that is the name - RON PIEPER AT THE TRANSMISSION
INFORMATION DESK PLEASE !!! echos the internal sound system). Never heard my
tranny grind any gears with those in there and only cost a little more (like
7 $/each more) ... the 100m axles spindles shold slip right into your hubs
without a problem... plug and play upgrade :) the 9a uses 100mm flanges.

Things you forgot for your swap... install Knock Box and Knock sensor,
Wire secondary WOTT switches for idles and enrichement, cover plate for 3A
breather hole to reinstall your gas temp control unit on to the block.

Suggestions: get external oil cooler. And race dual fans :) Eh but that is
just me.