Homemade VW car dolly - What is a good tongue weight?

Comments within original note for clarity...
--
Regards,
David Utley

Quoting L F <rocco16v@netzero.net>:

> Coupla' things;
>
> Since a dolly is really a four-wheeled trailer (with the car on it), tongue
> weight would be inconsequential.

---snip---

The only dollys I know of have two wheels total, so tongue weight is somewhat
of a factor.  It should not be more than 500lbs by my reckoning, therefore
with good tire pressure and a good working suspension, no problems...

Am I wrong, or did I misunderstand something?