Homemade VW car dolly - What is a good tongue weight?

David
 You are correct FOR AN UNLADEN DOLLY.
However, for one with a car on it, tongue weight is not a factor.

Larry
  The only dollys I know of have two wheels total, so tongue weight is somewhat
  of a factor.  It should not be more than 500lbs by my reckoning, therefore
  with good tire pressure and a good working suspension, no problems...

  Am I wrong, or did I misunderstand something?