Homemade VW car dolly - What is a good tongue weight?

No, this isn't a question directed at the ladies on the list.  :-O
<ahem>...

Looking at typical Class 1 hitches - they're rated at 1000-2500 lbs
towing weight, 100-200 lbs tongue weight.

So anywhere from 100-200 lbs should be what I'm shooting for, right?

Also, I think there's a problem with my idea of rigidly mounting
'special' wheels to the dolly instead of using a belt harness.  IIRC the
steering lock has to be disengaged to allow the wheel to spin while
going around corners.  Since the wheels turn to different degrees
(inside vs. outside) wouldn't rigidly mounting the wheels in a straight
ahead position cause some pretty serious strain on the steering
components when the car "turns" behind the raised front wheels when
going around a corner?  I believe the belts allow enough movement to
avoid this problem.  Am I thinking right here or not?

Thanks!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K