gas cap lock

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of L F
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 10:50 AM
To: Marc Getty; 'adam lefevre'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: gas cap lock

(I believe the MkI had a stock locking gas cap.)

Take it apart and see, what's there to lose?

Larry,

That reminds me of when my gas cap broke on my 1st Mars red '81 S, from
me trying to break it free from the frozen ice.

I took it apart, and was surprised to find a 1/2" square hole in the
center...
I painted it black, and kept a 1/2" extension in my car, and used it a
key to get the cap off.

The cons; it looks a little odd, and Samaritans will tell you that your
gas cap is gone. ;)

I'll have one of these soon, for my '79:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1119458

...And one of these for my new '81 S:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1165849

Btw, the key in the 2nd URL, is the one that the Mk.1 uses.

Peter
302.832.8989
http://thescirocco.com