gas cap lock

hmmmm.....maybe i'm wrong, but I have it in my hands right now - I
*just* took it off the car.....the markings on it say:

"made in W. Germany
BPO (VW logo) (audi logo) 533 201 553"

The cap is red and on one end it has a little picture of how to attach
it to the filler flap when putting gas in.
I would check the ETKA but its not installed on my computer at the moment.
The car's key turns but does not lock it...which makes me believe the
cap's locking mechanism is broken.

adam lefevre
orrtown PA
'86 8v