gas cap lock

(I believe the MkI had a stock locking gas cap.)

Take it apart and see, what's there to lose?

Larry

  It's not a VW part, our cars did not come with locking gas caps. It's
  an aftermarket part and I have had caps that do this in the past. Buy
  another with a different set of keys at a local auto parts store.

  -Marc in Philly, PA

  w/ European Delivery at 43,600 mi

  "If everything seems under control, you're just
  not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  the locking gas cap to my roc has never worked since I bought the car.

  It's original but it doesnt lock...the key fits and turns it, but just

  no locking action. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it too difficult to

  attempt? Any tips, tricks and hints are always helpful. TIA

  adam lefevre
  orrstown PA
  '86 8v