Types of coolant to use...

>--- David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
>>  Is anyone else using Evans here on the list?  What are your experiences?
>
>I have 3 gallons waiting to go in, whenever I get off my dead ass
>and finish my engine wiring and
>plumbing.  Ouch it's expensive, but I'm VERY glad to hear you give
>it the thumbs up!!!
>
>Ron

Remember, this was likely designed for a zero pressure, reverse flow
type system.
The  "Lurching Towards Success" crew at European Car / Techtonics
cobbled up some
pulleys to over drive the standard waterpump almost 2x to generate
the necessary
flow characteristics they thought would approximate a reverse flow system.
(Questionable IMO, but apparently it worked...)  The other thing they
discovered in
their high compression motor with this coolant, is that they needed more
cooling around the exhaust side of the head.  They made special
headgaskets with
some cutting around the exhaust side water jackets (seems odd again)
to do this.
Techtonics might still be able to supply one.  If I remember, it was
a copy of an
older Oettinger part.

The end result was that it actually really worked to reduce
detonation in very high
compression applications.  I've been seriously considering using this
in my next
turbo project...I've got the complete 3 article set from VW&P around I believe.

==Brett