was: Magnaflow = P.O.S. now: other mufflers

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Aaron Aunins wrote:

> Magnaflow probably makes some other products that are o.k., like the
> stainless steel mufllers.  I e-mailed the company and the guy replied that
> he had never heard of that problem before in the muffler I have.  Then again
> it is his job to sell them.  I think I will upgrade to something that is
> stainless steel maybe.  What about ultraflow? Thanks foir the input -

When I went to replace my exhaust a couple years ago (which was kind of
silly; should have just purchased a muffler) I got the nice TT cat-back
exhaust with Borla stainless muffler.  It leaves very little to be desired
-- sounds civilized when not under load, but throaty.  Not very 1.8L-like.
It has kept me happy, and it hasn't rusted even on Michigan's saltscaped
roads..

ian Butler / ian@bluemoon.hplx.net
'88 Audi 5000S quattro
'88 VW Scirocco 16v