Damaged Fuel Line. Replacement/repair questions

OK...for the record, I think braided stainless line sucks big ass.  I mean the kind with the braid
on the outside, not the inside (where it belongs).

One good way (of many) to fix this is to loosen the line from the car, cut the damaged section,
slip on Parker 5BX nuts and 5tx ferrules, and flare the ends (these are JIC 37* flare nuts, for
our intents and purposes the same as the insanely priced AN fittings).  That line is 8mm OD and
Parker specs those pieces as OK for use on 8mm and 5/16".

Then get two 6-5 male-male adapter unions (Parker 6-5HTX).  Have a hard line or hose (use Parker
221FR - the steel braid is on the inside) made up with the correct -6 female swivel ends
10626-6-6.

It's all in here: http://www.parker.com/tfd/cat/pdffiles/C-Triple-Lok.pdf

That's one way.  An easy way since you have the P/Ns, but hard if you don't have a Parker store
nearby.

Others will just slip 5/16 fuel hose over the ends of the cut line and hose clamp it.  Good luck.

Ron